Developing Families Together (DFT)
Developing Families Together (DFT) is an Ethiopian Residents’ Charity organization committed to work for poverty reduction, HIV/AIDS prevention, and care and support for needy people in Ethiopia. DFT was established in March 2002 and re-registered in October 20, 2009 under Ethiopian Charities and Societies Agency with a license number 0087.
DFT envisions poverty and HIV/AIDS free society in Ethiopia
The mission of the organization is to improve the quality of the lives of families with a special focus on women and children through family based and integrated community development approach.
In its work with women, children, the youth and dealings with stakeholders, DFT believes in:
Goals and Objectives
Overall goal of DFT:
To contribute to the national efforts to improve livelihoods and health status of marginalized families, women, children and other vulnerable groups of the society through household and community based development approach.
I. Reduce the spread of HIV/AIDS
II. Provide care and support to people living with HIV and affected by AIDS.
III. Empower poor and vulnerable women through integrated programs;
IV. Promote family planning and reproductive health services;
V. Establish social facilities at community level;
VI. Reduced maternal and child mortality and morbidity rate;
VII. Promote environmental development and protection
Major programs of DFT are:-
- HIV/AIDS prevention, care and support program,
- Women Empowerment Program,
- Family Planning and Reproductive Health Program,
- Environmental Protection, Water and Sanitation Program,
- Health and education program,
- Community capacity building program.
Program Areas of DFT are:-
- Addis Ababa City Administration,
- Amhara National Regional State,
- Oromia National Regional State,
- Southern Nations, Nationalities and Peoples Regional State, and
- Benishangul Gumuz Regional State.